Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco

Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco
Information Source for the Military Intelligence Service Historic Learning Center

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Chinatown Tour : The Alleys

Waking up at like 10 in the morning, I rushed up and got ready because today is the day for my first Chinatown tour. Even though I lived in Chinatown my whole life, I really never learned the history of my hometown. Early morning, I first meet up with the crew, Ken, Luis, Alvin, Allison, and Rachel. Of course the tour guide was there too. We met up at a place called Portsmouth Park, which was the center and heart of Chinatown. Chinatown is an amazing place to tour and to experience new knowledge. Starting our tour, while Wendy, our tour guide, was crushing knowledge into our minds, I was looking around and realized I only knew so little. Every alley had their part in history, and every place we stopped at is a new experience. Hear a lot of mahjong playing, everybody eating dim sum, and yum cha-ing. Many changes have happened all around Chinatown, but there are still things like the old days, like when all the old people everyday gather together at the heart of Chinatown and play cards. Well anyone should give it a try and look around Chinatown for themselves and experience the joy of the Chinese ways.

- Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment