Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco

Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco
Information Source for the Military Intelligence Service Historic Learning Center

Monday, July 11, 2011

JACL National Conference

This past weekend, the NCI Interns went to LA to see Little Tokyo and attend the JACL conference. It was very interesting to see the community in LA. Seeing the thriving community of Japanese Americans made me feel like I had a place where I belonged. 

In Little Tokyo it seemed like there was a lot going on. In the area in front of the JACCC, there was a lot of boxes so it seemed like there was some kind of evacuation going on. In the area around, there were restaurants and cafes. When I was looking at colleges, I had been looking into music conservatories. I had thought about applying to the Colbourn School of Music so I was surprised to see the Colbourn Dance Institute located in the same building as the JACCC.


No comments:

Post a Comment