Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco

Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco
Information Source for the Military Intelligence Service Historic Learning Center

Monday, August 1, 2011

Japantown community


Yesterday July 31st, was the BNP which stands for Better Neighborhood Plan. This meeting was set to start at 12:30pm. I made it but I was late. I think that made it kind of difficult. But there was food, I saw my uncle, and I learned about how Japantown is trying to figure out which businesses to keep and which ones should go. I learned that the BNP is trying to make Japantown an SUD meaning a Special Use District. This would make the area affordable for seniors and college kids. All in all, it seemed like a lot of people were dedicated to making Japantown thrive.

Ken Matsueda (Intern)

No comments:

Post a Comment